Frequently asked questionsHere are a range of questions frequently asked by our patients. If you have any queries not answered below, please call or email us and we’ll be happy to help.
Q. What is NAFS Health Clinic?NAFS Health provides Assessment, Diagnosis and Psychological treatments of individuals with emotional and mental health problems.
See more details of NAFS Health.
Q. How do I know if I need therapy?
It’s not unusual to feel stressed, sad, or anxious from time to time and it’s important to acknowledge that if you feel these things, you are not alone. However, if you find you have feelings or a particular issue that interferes with your daily life then it may be time to seek help. Remember, therapy isn’t just for those who are struggling with mental illness, it can be beneficial for anyone who is experiencing stress or intense emotions who wants to feel better and stop a cycle of negative thoughts or behaviours. Deciding to have therapy is often a brave step for someone, but once you’ve done it, things can only get better.
Q. How do I know if NAFS is right for me?
The services NAFS Health offers could be right for you if you want to improve the quality of your life by increasing your mental wellbeing. Nafs Health services are provided by an expert team of psychologists, therapists and counsellors who are experienced, friendly, ethical and on the specialist register of regulatory professional bodies. Our skill is in assessing your needs and recommending the most appropriate member of our team, or where appropriate a combination of our health professionals. We also offer the services of consultant psychiatrists through our partnership with Ascot Psychiatrists.
Q. Who are the counselors?
NAFS counsellors are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists, therapists marriage and family therapists, or accredited professional counsellors. some of them have a master’s degree or a Doctorate Degree in their field. They have been qualified and accredited bywww.nafshealth.com their regulatory professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams,
training, and practice.
Q. How much does therapy cost?
The cost of counselling through NAFS Health ranges from £100 to £220 per session. The cost is based on your location, preferences, therapist’s experience, and availability. Please contact us for more details and exact costs. You can cancel your therapy at any time for any reason by giving 72 hours’ notice, subject to the Nafs no-show policy: please see our Terms and Conditions here.
Q. How do I make an enquiry for therapy?
Please fill in our online enquiry form and one of our team members will be in touch to arrange an assessment. Book here.
Q. Who will be helping me?
After you sign up, we will match you to an available counsellor or therapists who fits your objectives, preferences, and the type of issues you are dealing with. Different counsellors have different approaches and areas of focus, so it's important to find the right person who can achieve the best results for you.
Q. What is the process for getting treatment with NAFS?
1. After you have made an enquiry, we will be in touch to arrange an initial intake assessment.
2. During your initial intake assessment, we assess suitability and quantify any risks. Following this we will refer you to our most appropriate counsellor or therapist to help with the types of issues you are dealing with. The counsellors and therapists have a variety of different approaches, treatment techniques and areas of interest so it’s important to find the right person who can achieve the best results for you. The process for finding you a therapist can take a few hours or a few days, depending on therapist availability.
3. Once you have been matched with an appropriate therapist, that therapist will contact you to book a mutually convenient appointment for both of you.
4. Following your assessment, you will be provided with login details to your account on our NAFS Patients Portal where you can access your appointments, communicate securely with your therapist and check or amend your contact details.
Q. What are the different ways I can have my therapy?
- Speaking over the phone with your therapist
- Video conferencing with your therapist over Zoom, Microsoft Teams or similar
- In-person appointments if the location used is a convenient distance for you to travel
- Exchanging messages with your therapist
You can use different ways at different times as you wish, based on whatever method is most convenient for you. Our therapists are responsive and reachable. Once your appointment time and date is agreed between you and the therapist, they will send you an appointment confirmation email and also reminder messages (48 hours and 6 hours before the appointment).
Q. How can I pay for my therapy sessions?
Your therapy sessions payments will be charged to your payment debit or credit card on single or recurring basis depending on your mandate. You can also make payments through PayPal, Stripe or you can pay directly to Nafshealth bank account or over the phone by calling our account’s department. If you fail to accomplish your goals or if you find online counselling with NAFS HEALTH to no longer be helpful for any reason, you can simply cancel the remaining sessions and your mandate by giving 72 hours’ notice. You can also request change of therapist within Nafs Health or transfer to a different provider.